The project consisted of the design and construction of a dual 132KV 80MW+ Endeavour Energy supplied switch yard, inclusive of 1 control room and 2 switchrooms and wiring for Australia’s largest carrier-neutral data centre for the client Airtrunk.
This is the first of its kind in the private power supply marketplace as all previous switchyard projects have been owner built and operated by Endeavour Energy or Ausgrid. In this case, Wilken is the private operator of this large switch yard.
The new 35,000 sqm Huntingwood facility is a major boost for the region's economy supporting over 300 jobs during construction.
- Complete design and construct of the project (Turn key) – 2 x 80MW+ transformers via dual 132kV diverse high voltage power feeds
- Extensive negotiations and liaising with Endeavour Energy
- Co -ordination with the GE transformers and switch gear manufacturers in Wuhan, China & Shanghai, China, including bilingual engineering, discussions and on-site factory testing
- Logistics – arranging for craneage, shipping, heavy and broad load road transportation
- all civil design and construction
- all building design and construction including hard stands and fencing
- all electrical design and construction
- Underbore of the M4 freeway that accommodates 150,000 cars per day
- 11kV temporary power supplies to the site
- Extensive negotiations with authorities such as RMS, National parks and also 5 property owners from neighbouring properties.
Wilken is happy to announce that 132kV Substation Yard at Huntingwood (AirTrunk) Project was the winner of both the NECA NSW 2018 Excellence Awards and the NECA National 2018 Excellence Awards!